Friday, September 21, 2018

Scarred Vixen

It has been a while since we have talked. I hate when I am doing fine and then my dreams creep in and I wake up feeling this longing to feel you. I wake up heartbroken and wondering why it all happened this way.  I am writing this letter to tell you that I miss you. Even though we're not together anymore, the experiences we gave each other were unique and cannot be replaced. They are memories I will cherish for the rest of my life. I sometimes look back and get sad because I miss them, but I have realized that no matter what, you have been and continue to shape the person I am and will be. Although we are no longer in each other lives, I know that there was a reason for us coming into each others lives. It wasn’t because we grew up together, or because we enjoyed the same things, but because we taught each other things no other person could teach us. We taught each other what its like to have someone be your world, what it’s like to be in a relationship, what it was like to be so angry at someone but still work through all the problems we had, we taught each other love, we felt what it was like to be loved unconditionally. And even though we won’t get to be together forever like we dreamed when we were younger, part of my heart will always be with you, not only because I am still IN love with you, but because I still love you, and a piece of my heart will always be yours.
We no longer get to talk and ask how each others day went everyday, but that doesn’t mean I don’t still wonder how you are doing. How things are going, how life is treating you, if you are doing the things that you love, how she is treating you, and most importantly- if you are still happy. 
So heres to all the heart felt text messages conversations, the long phone calls when we were apart and waking up to funny emails from you,the trips we took together, the excessive amounts of Wine we drank, the days at the park, adventures we went on, here is to laying in the bed on Saturday mornings holding each other tight like we would never let go, here is to the the endless laughs and smiles we shared, and the tears we shed for each other, the fights we got in over the music, and most importantly here is to breaking each others hearts. I do still lubba dubba.